Saturday, December 8, 2012

Our last KAKADPSS meal. - 07/12/2012

As we sit here in a cramped auto rickshaw, bumping and swaying our way back home through a gutter and pothole-filled road, the dappled light of street lamps fell through the shadows of the trees.We had just finished a lovely dinner with our beloved KAKADPSS girls and our darling Ninja. This is our last meal together as a group of friends, no, scratch that, our last meal together as a family, here in Bangalore. We had the usual arguments, laughter, unavoidable lame jokes, and a lot of smiles and hugs all around. However, during all this fun and frolic, I felt something was amiss. There was an odd feeling nagging at the back of my mind. I couldn't fathom what it was exactly, till the moment of goodbyes came. I felt a twinge in my heart as I hugged Baby Boo and Baby Sheikh before I left. Little Baby Dragon was unusually quiet, and I knew something was bothering her. As their auto prepared to leave, she gave me a hug that expressed through all its silence the depth of our bond. She held on to me and I felt her cry. I could feel my eyes filling up with tears, but I blinked them away. I didn't know what to make of the situation. I had spent the last year with these friends who had become closer than family, the fun and boisterous days that turned into crazy nights, all the fights, make-ups, hugs, kisses and memories that would never happen again. I was at a loss for words, and I was left speechless. In the last few moments before goodbye, all the memories of the previous year came flooding back to me. I wanted to break down and cry. At that moment, I suddenly realized something. These girls had taught me that true friendship goes beyond physical togetherness, it surpasses all barriers of time and space, that all it takes is our love to keep our friendship, our family, alive. From this day on, forever more. Now and forever. I love you, KAKADPSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment